cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New User Questions

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
We have just ordered the full version of the Admin Studio 3.0 project (or at least that is what purchasing tells me) - but currently I am still using the demo version.

I have a program that I am trying to make into an MSI (McAfee EPO Agent - so we can push out the EPO agent which will then push out McAfee - etc). The install stops with a 1920 error (even though I have admin rights and can start the service manually) - which when I check is 'you dont have rights to start this service'. Well, all I'd like to do is stop the 'startservices' component - ie: let it install the service as automatic, and then reboot and let it take off that way. Using the author I do not see where I can turn this on or off. BTW - I've already tried going to components and turning 'Install Start' to 'no'.

Also is there a simple way to check for what version of the MSI installer is on the system (typically 1.x) and update it if it isnt the latest version (I have the download of the 2.x version)?

Thanks in advance.
(4) Replies
Hello,

In the part "Organize your setup", "Summary information stream", give a value to the property "schema". This value is the windows installer version required. For example, 200 for version 2.00.
Then, you can have your setup install the windows installer engine required by choosing it with the release wizard ("windows installer service" and "windows installer location" parts).

This should work.

Regards,

Jerome
I also have that error 1920 with an MSI I got after having repackaged InocuLAN, although I have Administrator rights. I can't understand why.

Does anybody know?

I've seen threads on that topic in the ISD 7 forum but...I don't know.

Help - someone - anybody
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
as Jeronimo said, you might have better luck in the Developer forum. I have realized something after having dealt with Install Shield over the phone and email, as well as the forums after looking here at previous posts and threads of common problems that have been ignored. IS is applying a bit of psychological denial instead of assistance in these cases.
There are some companies that are BUILT on customer service... then there are those like this one.
I hope you can find answers to your problems from another user because it will not come from the staff. :confused: It baffles me why I have had so many problems with communication with IS.
It appears that the service may not be constructed completely in the project.

Verify the service information in either the service component or RegistryData_Machine component against the machine that contain original installation (on which you run Repackager to create INC and NIR). Make sure you have all information in the project. Pay particular attention to registry information in HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\ and HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\.

A lot of times, service entry under HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\ requires a corresponding entry in HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\.