cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Step snapshot not working (help please)

Last week I've started working with AdminStudio 7 and cannot get the "multiple step" repackaging snapshot to work. The problem is that I'm not able to select the 2nd step option in the repackaging process.
I've tried to use an Application Catalog but that doesn't work either.

Please help.
(4) Replies
Do you have rights to the place that the repackager is writing the output? When you run the repackager, you should be running it from a remote share. Then point the output to a remote share that you have full write access to. If you don't have proper access, it won't let you go to the next snapshot.
I have a VMware virtual machine: a clean Windows Server 2003 with AdminStudio on it. The snapshot is written to a local disk.
After taking the first snapshot, I press 'finish' and start the setup.exe of the application I want to install. When I try to take the second snapshot, there's no possibility to select the 'after' option.
Hmm.. are you trying to repackage on the same machine that AdminStudio is installed on? You shouldn't do that if you are. It will screw up your repackage.
On your AdminStudio machine (or virtual machine) create a share to C:\Program Files\InstallShield\AdminStudio\7.5\Repackager
Then connect to the share from a clean machine with just Windows and security patches. On that clean machine, connect to the repackager share and run "repack.exe" and take a snapshot.
Then install your app.
Then run "repack.exe" again and choose "multiple step snapshot" again and it will let you take the "after" snapshot.
Thanx. That works fine. 🙂