cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lockpermissions with INI files

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Does anyone know of a way to set ACL permissions on INI files with IAS 3.x?

When I packaged the setup it stores INI files with INI file changes rather than as a file in the FILE table. When I removed the ini file change, and imported the INI file as a component, I was still unable to set the ACL on the file with the Lockpermissions table. I am able to set ACL's on any other file that is part of the project.

When I validated the MSI, it showed an error and that it could not find the file. This cannot be true because the file is part of the setup design, and is installed with the package.

Here is my Lockpermissions table:

LockObject - brr.ini
Table - File
Domain - {null}
User - Users
Permission - 268435456

As I stated before when I set this up for any other file that is included within the project, it works fine.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!
(2) Replies
You can ACL the permission with IAS 3.5+. Under Setup Design, Your feature, highlight the "IniFileEntries" component and go to the work menu on the right. Second from the top row is the destination permission option.

Set the permissions accordingly (this will overwrite all inherited permissions so ensure that you include the standard PowerUsers and Administrators group)

If you want to isolate the permission on that one ini file, create another component with that name and move the ini file to that component.

Hope this helps.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
That worked perfectly. I just needed to upgrade to IAS 3.5

Thanks for replying so fast!!