cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock Permissions Table/entries

can someone clear this for me in a simple yes or no?

Can I specify User groups and not just individual users in the File and Directory Lock Permissions table?

I have tried [%USERDOMAIN] [Everyone] and [ComputerName] [Users] but no joy??

Does this mean I have to specify 4000+ users in My envinroment by hand or what?

Unknown User is the failure Message
(4) Replies
This is correct in that you can evaluate values that are expressed in square brackets []. This is due to the LockPermissions table using the Formatted data type. Also, it is possible to not include the domain as this is an optional entry, but I am sure you may have security reasons for including this table entry. To test this, try placing only a value of Everyone in the user field.
Originally posted by wallywojo
This is correct in that you can evaluate values that are expressed in square brackets []. This is due to the LockPermissions table using the Formatted data type. Also, it is possible to not include the domain as this is an optional entry, but I am sure you may have security reasons for including this table entry. To test this, try placing only a value of Everyone in the user field.
Hey, it's Wally! This guy knows his stuff (that's why you can't PM him 😉 ) Wally, your training has come in handy quite a few times since you visited us in Miami. hope you're doing well.

prostetnic, sorry to hijack your thread... I can't help you :rolleyes:
Do you mean the builtin user groups? When I apply permissions to everyone I always use Builtin\Everyone and similarly Builtin\Users.
DavidLock-

In the table you can specify any BUILTIN group without using the Domain Value... just specify Users, Administrators, Everyone and so on. By leaving the Domain value blank, the MSI automatically understands that you are applying Local Machine group / Builtin groups.