cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distributing to Intune

We are setting up our connection from Application Manager to Intune, so we can Distribute win32Apps to Intune.

We are following the published documentation but it seems we may need additional permissions to Graph beyond what is published.

Has anyone set this up yet? Per the docs, we have set Delegated perms for

• User.Read
  • DeviceManagementApps.ReadWrite.All
  • DeviceManagementApps.Read.All

Thanks!

(1) Solution

Hi @Angersma -

Sorry for the delay in my reply. Just to confirm: You've registered a new app connection in Intune for AdminStudio to connect to via Microsoft Graph APIs and you've set up the connection in AdminStudio to connect to your Intune tenant account and you're having issues publishing Win 32 Apps to Intune. Do I have that summarized correctly?

To review and to help others that view this post, there is the initial Knowledge Base article we released that covers the end-to-end setup of both Intune and AdminStudio. Within the Product Documentation we also now have help articles on setting up the Intune connection, the AdminStudio Distribution system connection to Intune, and publishing applications up to Intune for deployment all found linked from here (link points to the current version of AdminStudio at the time of this posting).

I also wanted to confirm that you're aware that Intune requires that Win32 app to Intune be first wrapped into the .Intunewin wrapper format. Only then can they be imported (this is for EXE applications among other use cases). AdminStudio supports wrapping EXE and MSI packages to .Intunewin natively within the Application Manager; more info can be found here.

Let us know if this information helps you or if you need additional assistance.

Expert Flexeran on AdminStudio, Workflow Manager, and Software Vulnerability Manager / Research
If I've answered your question, please mark my response as "Accept as Solution" to help others find answers. Thanks!

View solution in original post

(4) Replies

Hi @Angersma -

Sorry for the delay in my reply. Just to confirm: You've registered a new app connection in Intune for AdminStudio to connect to via Microsoft Graph APIs and you've set up the connection in AdminStudio to connect to your Intune tenant account and you're having issues publishing Win 32 Apps to Intune. Do I have that summarized correctly?

To review and to help others that view this post, there is the initial Knowledge Base article we released that covers the end-to-end setup of both Intune and AdminStudio. Within the Product Documentation we also now have help articles on setting up the Intune connection, the AdminStudio Distribution system connection to Intune, and publishing applications up to Intune for deployment all found linked from here (link points to the current version of AdminStudio at the time of this posting).

I also wanted to confirm that you're aware that Intune requires that Win32 app to Intune be first wrapped into the .Intunewin wrapper format. Only then can they be imported (this is for EXE applications among other use cases). AdminStudio supports wrapping EXE and MSI packages to .Intunewin natively within the Application Manager; more info can be found here.

Let us know if this information helps you or if you need additional assistance.

Expert Flexeran on AdminStudio, Workflow Manager, and Software Vulnerability Manager / Research
If I've answered your question, please mark my response as "Accept as Solution" to help others find answers. Thanks!

Thanks for the follow up moconn!   

We opened a case with Flexera and learned we needed to update our API perms to type 'Application' (As specified in Step 8 of your KB article above).   We had them originally set up as type 'Delegated'.  It is working great now. 

We were disappointed the Distribute process to Intune can not create an App Portal CI like it can when we Distribute to ConfigMan.     And we are not able to populate the Version property in Intune either.   Hopefully those things are in the App Manager roadmap for the next release.   

@Angersma 

Happy to know you are all set now.

The ability to create a catalog item in App Portal when AdminStudio publishes an application to Intune is already on our product backlog. Feedback like these will help us prioritize the feature. For this and other ideas that you might have for AdminStudio, I would like to encourage you to submit them to our Ideas portal.

The software version property not being set in Intune has already been identified as a defect in our QA cycle and is planned to be fixed in the upcoming release of AdminStudio.

This is great news, thank you!  Like a lot of your customers, we will be Distributing apps to intune instead of ConfigMan and these updates will be very helpful.    

I just created the Idea - Create App Portal Catalog Item when we Distribute from App | Ideas (aha.io)

Thank you!