cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Visual Studio 10

Hi I'm trying to repackage Visual Studio 10 using AdminStudio 10/Repackager, however VS 10 needs a restart part way through the setup, after .Net Framework 4 is installed. Once it restarts the setup continue, but Repackager doesn't. Can anyone help!?

thanks
(1) Reply
zedzded wrote:
however VS 10 needs a restart [..], after .Net Framework 4 is installed. Once it restarts the setup continue, but Repackager doesn't.
thanks

Repackager controls the reboot process if it senses that a reboot was generated. When this don't happen (for whatever reason) I choose not to reboot, then, I do a manual reboot and cancel. For me this always work, and the repackager manage the reboot.

One more thing, I don't advise you to repack the .net framework. If I was you, I would install all the pre-requisites first, reboot, and then I would repack only the application.

Then I would call the pre-requisites using the means that my environment allows me. There are too many options to consider them all, but you can use nested msi, script custom actions, suite installs, etc.