cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Drive E error.

I created two MSI packages from two different .exe files in Repackager. THe problem is in GPO, it pushes down to me just fine and installs, but if I push it out to anyone else, it fails and the event viewer says Invalid Drive E:\ 1327. I think this is a registry problem, but I don't know if this is happening at the time of capture during MSI creation, or something I can edit after the fact. Help!!!
(5) Replies
Hi there,

If you look in the *.msi package's Property table, does this have any references to E:\ present?

I've seen this a few times, if a legacy install decides to write data to a second drive on a system.
Cary R wrote:
Hi there,

If you look in the *.msi package's Property table, does this have any references to E:\ present?

I've seen this a few times, if a legacy install decides to write data to a second drive on a system.

PRoperty table inside repackager, or just right clicking on the msi itself and going to properties? either way, how do I resolve?
motc777 wrote:
PRoperty table inside repackager, or just right clicking on the msi itself and going to properties? either way, how do I resolve?

How to resolve it will vary a little bit according to what's referencing that drive.

But, what I'd recommend is opening the *.ism file in INstallShield (aka 'Editor'), and going to the Property Manager to find the drive reference.
You might also look at the Files and Folders view and see what files and/or components have that drive as their destination and work back from that to a solution.
Also, get a verbose installation log. That will help troubleshooting.