cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems after SP2 install for AdminStudio

I've recently installed SP2 for AdminStudio 11.5. During the upgrade I had to re-activate the product which was successful. I now have three problems:

1) When trying to run repackager from my VM I get an error stating that AdminUIFramework.dll was not found.

2) When checking for updates in AdminStudio I get an error saying that 'The Software Manager does not recognize the product - Error 13003: Version Not Registered with the FLEXnet Connect.'

3) I'm unable to remove AdminStudio to re-install and start again. The error states 'The wizard was interrupted before AdminStudio 11.5 SP2 could be completely installed.'

Ideally I'd like to remove AdminStudio and start again. I've tried to remove it through the Control Panel and by running

"C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\{D6AB22DC-F133-4605-A75B-87A6BF3AE858}\AdminStudio 11.5 SP2.exe" -remove -runfromtemp

Any suggestions please?

Cheers
(3) Replies
you could try the following?:
1. Close AdminStudio
2. Locate tpsconfig.exe on the machine (the default location is: C:\Program Files\AdminStudio\11.5\Common)
3. From a command prompt, run the following command: tpsconfig.exe /return
4. Launch AdminStudio
5. If prompted, proceed with activation
blackfrancis wrote:
I've recently installed SP2 for AdminStudio 11.5. During the upgrade I had to re-activate the product which was successful. I now have three problems:
1) When trying to run repackager from my VM I get an error stating that AdminUIFramework.dll was not found.

This error message normally happens if activation was unsuccessful or was not attempted. I'm not sure why the error message is as esoteric as it is, but I've found that the solution is to open an elevated command prompt and issue the deactivation command:
TPSConfig.exe /return

Wait until it tells you that deactivation has happened and close the dialog. You should then return to the command prompt and issue the activation command:
TPSConfig.exe /silent /activate /serial_number7654321-CBA-1234567890
(Notice that there can be no space between the serial number and the /serial_number command switch. And obviously the above serial number is not real, so replace it with yours.)

Make sure that no portion of AdminStudio or InstallShield is open when running the above activation commands.

blackfrancis wrote:
2) When checking for updates in AdminStudio I get an error saying that 'The Software Manager does not recognize the product - Error 13003: Version Not Registered with the FLEXnet Connect.'

3) I'm unable to remove AdminStudio to re-install and start again. The error states 'The wizard was interrupted before AdminStudio 11.5 SP2 could be completely installed.'
Ideally I'd like to remove AdminStudio and start again. I've tried to remove it through the Control Panel and by running
"C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\{D6AB22DC-F133-4605-A75B-87A6BF3AE858}\AdminStudio 11.5 SP2.exe" -remove -runfromtemp

That doesn't sound good. You may need to run a utility to clean off the AdminStudio. Microsoft has something called the "Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter" that may help:
http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

If that doesn't get the job done, you may need to try the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Secure-cleaning/Windows-Installer-CleanUp-Utility.shtml

I'd be surprised if proper use of the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility didn't get you back to a point where you could install AdminStudio again, but be careful in using it. There is a reason that Microsoft has gotten rid of it...it is possible to goof up other applications on your machine if you are too liberal in its use.

I hope this helps,
-Evan
I uninstalled AdminStudio with REVO uninstaller and then ran the original setup again. This appeared to go OK but AdminStudio wouldn't load after asking for the licence key, no errors shown. So I ran the TPSConfig.exe commands and all is well again. I haven't tried SP2 yet though... 😉

Thanks