cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InstallShield Repackager Language Problem

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
When I use the repackager the msi file created doesn't have any language setup. When I try and run the ism file it says that I don't have any invalid active language. Editing the msi directly shows that the language is set to 0. How can I resolve this?
(3) Replies
This is a known problem and will be fixed in the next release. For a workaround, launch the Developer from the AdminStudio Tools/wrapper before using the Legacy Conversion Wizard or doing repackaging conversion. This needs to be done only once when you install Adminstudio. This will load the required language support for your project.

Refer to thread http://community.installshield.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=107306
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
You workaround doesn't work. I think this is because you don't have an English (UK) option and that is the language our systems use. When I look at the build log for the converter it shows that it is using English UK. I am guessing this is the problem?
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Okay. Workaround is as follows.
Create .inc file with repackager. Edit this file with notepad. Where it says Operating System, make sure that the language is 1033, not 2057.

For me this line is "OSInfo('Windows 2000','5.0.2195 Service Pack 3','1033')".

Then open this .inc with the legacy converter and run. All will work fine then. Clearly the converter doesn't pick up the language from the template, but rather uses the language specified in the OS.