cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install AES, error 1720 InsertInformationIntoDatabase script error

Hello,

I try to install "AdminStudio" on a server 2008 r2 (the AdminStudio part company, not the workflow ") but every time it crashes with an error 1720 on the script insertinformationintodatabase!

Do you have an idea ?:confused:

Thank you in advance.

laurent
(8) Replies
Wow. There's going to need to be a fair bit more detail about your situation. What version of AdminStudio?

I'm guessing that you're describing the installation of AES/Workflow Manager
(AES stands for AdminStudio Enterprise Server). What version? (AdminStudio 10.0 comes with version 5.2, AdminStudio 11.0 comes with version 5.6, and AdminStudio 11.5 comes with 6.0.)

If I had to guess, it sounds to me like a vbscript custom action failed to insert something into the AdminStudio catalog SQL database.

Maybe your permissions on the AdminStudio catalog database are too restrictive.
eheh yes ... sorry for the lack of precision!

So I just buy "AdminStudio server" because before I had Wise!

I took "AdminStudio Enterprise Complete 11" without the Workflow Manager ... and this is where I do not quite understand what module to install?! After some tests, the problem appears when I try to install the "Database Application". I tried with version 11 and version 11.5, still the same problem.
Otherwise I have not installed SQL script for database creation ... should I do before?

Thank you for your help and sorry for my english 😉

(in attachment the script failed)
You may not have the needed permissions to create the AdminStudio catalog database.

It's easiest to provide AdminStudio with a SQL account with the rights to create the database but if your DBA won't allow that, you can use .sql scripts to manually create the database.

The process of manually creating the catalog database is described on pg 44 of the "Workflow Manager 6.0 / AdminStudio Enterprise Server 11.5 Installation Guide" http://www.flexerasoftware.com/webdocuments/PDF/AS115-WFM6-InstallGuide.pdf

The gist of it is:
Open SQL Server Management Studio and create a new database. The database collation must be SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS

The .sql scripts are located at [ProgramFilesFolder]AdminStudio\xx.x\Support\SQL_Scripts\

Execute the following .sql scripts in this order:
01. AMS_System_Schema.SQL
02. WFM_System_Data.SQL
03. AMSCreateIndex.SQL
04. WFM_SampleTemplates.SQL
05. AS_System_Schema.SQL
06. Seed_Data.SQL
07. CustomReportWizard.SQL
08. Reporting.StoredProcedures.SQL

The Windows or SQL account used to access AdminStudio requires db_owner rights on the database. This is because of the need for rights to create new tables in the database (for activities such as importing custom tables from .MSI's when bringing them into the Application Manager). db_datareader and db_datawriter is not good enough (it's gotta be db_owner).

**Warning! I think there is a serious problem with manually creating the catalog database for AdminStudio 11.5. The above directions work for AdminStudio 11.0. My recommendation (for people who must manually create the database) is to install AdminStudio 11.0 and manually create the database and then install AdminStudio 11.5 and allow it to upgrade your database.

I have an incident logged with support and will update this post when I get further info. If you must manually create the AdminStudio 11.5 catalog database, please PM or e-mail me for more info. I have been successful in manually creating the 11.5 catalog database, but it's a bit involved.
Just an update on manually creating the AdminStudio catalog database:
It is a documentation bug. The new AdminStudio 11.5 Test Center functionality added another 2 .sql scripts, but that info never made it into the documentation.

The new method is to run the .sql scripts as follows:

01. AMS_System_Schema.SQL
02. WFM_System_Data.SQL
03. AMSCreateIndex.SQL
04. WFM_SampleTemplates.SQL
05. AS_System_Schema.SQL
06. Seed_Data.SQL
07. CustomReportWizard.SQL
08. AS_TestCenter.sql
09. AS_TestEngine.sql
10. Reporting.StoredProcedures.SQL

These .sql scripts are located at [ProgramFilesFolder]AdminStudio\11.5\Support\SQL_Scripts\
The directions for manually creating the SQL database for AdminStudio and/or Workflow Manager have been updated in the "Workflow Manager 6.0 / AdminStudio Enterprise Server 11.5 Installation Guide", available at:

http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/doc/DocumentRepository/Installation/AdminStudio/AdminStudio%2011.5/01_Public/Product_Manual/WM60_ASES115_InstallGuide.pdf

The directions will work for creating the AdminStudio Catalog database for any edition of AdminStudio 11.5 and for Workflow Manager 6.0.

(This was actually updated shortly after I pointed out the flaw...I just forgot to mention that the corrected .pdf is out there now)

**Update**
The same flaw that was in the old version of the "Workflow Manager 6.0 / AdminStudio Enterprise Server 11.5 Installation Guide" is currently in the "AdminStudio 11.5 User Guide" on pg. 233.
Do NOT follow the directions on pg. 233 of the AdminStudio 11.5 User Guide. Doing so will result in a broken Application Manager Test Center. Instead, follow the directions on pg. 44 of the "Workflow Manager 6.0 / AdminStudio Enterprise Server 11.5 Installation Guide", which runs through the proper steps for manually creating the catalog database. (Note: this will work fine for any edition of AdminStudio 11.5 Standard, Professional and Enterprise as well as for Workflow Manager 6.0) Use the link above to download the installation guide in the .pdf format.
Hello,

I finally found an answer to my problem.

I had to change the language of the operating system for this to work.

Evan thank you anyway!

Have a good day
Thanks for the post Evan regarding the order of SQL script execution. I am trying to install the App Catalog DB manually as well in SQL 2008 R2, and am getting the following errors:

For the following SQL scripts.....

AS_System_Schema.SQL

Msg 102, Level 15, State 1, Line 18
Incorrect syntax near 'DUMP'.
Msg 319, Level 15, State 1, Line 18
Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'with'. If this statement is a common table expression, an xmlnamespaces clause or a change tracking context clause, the previous statement must be terminated with a semicolon.

AS_TestCenter.SQL

Msg 208, Level 16, State 6, Procedure sp_asrpt_GetValidatedAndConflictedPackages, Line 97
Invalid object name 'dbo.sp_asrpt_GetValidatedAndConflictedPackages'.
Msg 208, Level 16, State 6, Procedure sp_asrpt_VirtualizationReadinessCheck_All, Line 82
Invalid object name 'dbo.sp_asrpt_VirtualizationReadinessCheck_All'.

Would you happen to have a fix for these? I've followed the exact order specified in your previous post. This is for Adminstudio 11.5 SP1.

Thanks!
Did some experimentation, and modified a couple of stored procedures in the AS_Testcenter.SQL script.

Changed ALTER to CREATE for the following stored procedures.....

CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[sp_asrpt_GetValidatedAndConflictedPackages]

CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[sp_asrpt_VirtualizationReadinessCheck_All]

This 'seemed' to work, as the AS_Testcenter.SQL script executed without any errors, however this message does appear:

The module 'sp_asrpt_VirtualizationReadinessCheck_All' depends on the missing object 'sp_asrpt_VirtualizationReadinessCheckHelper'. The module will still be created; however, it cannot run successfully until the object exists.
The module 'sp_asrpt_VirtualizationReadinessCheck_All' depends on the missing object 'sp_asrpt_VirtualizationReadinessCheckHelper'. The module will still be created; however, it cannot run successfully until the object exists.

Would anyone @ Flexera be able to verify/validate this?