cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICE89---Not able to resolve

HI ppl,
i got stuck up with this error----
ICE 89: The ProgId_Parent 'MSProject.MPX.8' in the ProgId table is not a valid ProgId. ProgId ProgId_Parent MSProject.MPX

If any one has encountered the same problem and was able to resolve it??
(6) Replies
check it progid table and give the class id in parent table.....
hi,

thanks for your reply..

i dint understand your answer..can you b little specific..

thanks
You will probably need to understand ProgId Table in order to resolve your problem.
Hmm. That's an interesting problem. Here's what I would do:

1. Using the Direct Editor, check which component is associated with this entry within the ProgID table and then delete the entry using the InstallShield Direct Editor.

2. Go the the component from above, expand and select the File entry. Right-click on the file and select 'Extract COM data for Key File.'

This should put the COM data in the right spot. However, if the component name is RegistryData_*, odds are good that you can simply delete the entry and skip the above steps. This would indicate that you're package is creating a COM entry for a file that you're not installing--in other words, junk that you picked up whilst repackaging.

Hope that helps,
Hi,
thanks again for such a quick response!!

The 2 options i tried are

(Option 1)
I deleted the whole ProgID entry i.e. MSProject.MPX
then i saved my project and run the validation suite.
still the same problem :confused:

(option2)
The ProgID column entry which is throwing error is MSProject.MPX
and the corresponding ProgID_parent column entry is MSProject.MPX.8.

Now there is no component associated with this progID

The following steps i followed:

step 1) i created a component i.e. Newcomponent
step 2) Then i created a classID entry in Class table , with component as the component name created in step 1 and ProgId_default as MSProject.MPX.8
step 3) Then i created a progID column entry named MSProject.MPX.8 (which is the ProgID_parent entry for ProgID MSProject.MPX) using classID created in step 2.

then i run the validation again..but the problem still persists

thanks again for putting your valuable effort...
The values within the ProgId (and Class, TypeLib, and some Registry) tables are generated from a COM file within your package. The goal is to find out which file is creating this entries. You should be able to track this down by seeing which component is associated with the ProgId entry.

Let's do this. Go to the entry within the ProgId table that's causing the problem. See if there is a value under either the Class or ProgId Parent column. If there's an entry under Class go to the entry within the Class table and note the name under the Component column for that entry. If the Class is blank use the value under the ProgId Parent column and look at that entry (within the ProgID table) for the Class value. Eventually you'll end up with a component name.

Once you have the component name you can either you'll know which file is creating this ProgId entry. If you're not advertising the product, you may want to delete the problematic ProgId entry and set the file to 'Self-Register'. This is done by right-clicking on the file, select Properties, and check the Self-Register box. You should make sure that the COM Extract at Build setting is set to 'No.'

Hope that helps,