Highlighted
Pilgrim

Re: ICE03 invalid defaultdir string

TSungh,

I tried your solution of 611|6.1.1... even before asking for help... It didn't help in fixing the issue...
Below is the error that I am getting..

CE03 ERROR Invalid DefaultDir string; Table: Directory, Column: DefaultDir, Key(s): _.1.8
ICE03 ERROR Invalid DefaultDir string; Table: Directory, Column: DefaultDir, Key(s): _.1.81
ICE03 ERROR Invalid DefaultDir string; Table: Directory, Column: DefaultDir, Key(s): _.5.6
ICE03 ERROR Invalid DefaultDir string; Table: Directory, Column: DefaultDir, Key(s): _.4.2
ICE03 ERROR Invalid DefaultDir string; Table: Directory, Column: DefaultDir, Key(s): _.3.5
ICE03 ERROR Invalid DefaultDir string; Table: Directory, Column: DefaultDir, Key(s): _.3.6.3
ICE03 ERROR Invalid DefaultDir string; Table: Directory, Column: DefaultDir, Key(s): _.2.1
ICE03 ERROR Invalid DefaultDir string; Table: Directory, Column: DefaultDir, Key(s): _.1.3

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,
S
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Pilgrim

I have no idea how you used the solution provided in your project. 611|6.1.1 is specific to Michel's problem, it does not make sense to use it verbatim in your project. You will have to come up with a pair of short filename and long filename for each and every ICE03 errors you encountered.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Pilgrim

Ice03

A simple question.
If you only run the application in 32bit windows environtment Do you need the short names? or can you ignor the ICE03 where lack of shortname is the problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Pilgrim

ICE errors indicates potential or definitive points of failure during installation. Hence, ICE 03 Errors, under some scenarios, are capable of preventing installation from completing successfully. It is to your best interests in the long run to resolve all ICE errors.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flexera beginner

Not to raise this from the dead, but...I was doing a search on ICE03 and came across this. For those that end up here doing a search...

To figure out the shortpath name of a directory, open a command prompt (Start->Run... and type in 'cmd' and hit 'OK') and do a 'dir /X' on a directory that contains a subdirectory with your longpath name. For example, in my instance to resolve this error, I had a DefaultDir in the Directory Table as:

v6.10.0

I created this directory in Windows Explorer, then used the command console and the 'dir /X' command to see that it is represented in short format as:

V610~1.0

Which removed that error. 🙂
0 Kudos