BrandonHo
Flexera beginner

How to configure MST to accept input variable?

Hi,

I am new to the AdminStudio package solution.  We are a retail company with hundred stores and serial hundred registers.  Our vendor msi or exe applications expect user input of either the store number or register number within a store.  

How can I generate either a script or MST for the installer to simply put in the store number or register number for the package to run for a specific store and lane?  A silient install would be better by simply accepting the store or lane number once.

I want to thank you in advance to share your experience.

Brandon.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ayung_2831
Flexera
Flexera

Re: How to configure MST to accept input variable?

Hi Brandon,
This may be what you're looking for:

https://docs.revenera.com/installshield26helplib/helplibrary/IHelpTransformsResponse.htm?Highlight=r...

You should have Installshield available as a part of the AdminStudio Suite. Then take a look into a Response Transform.

You can also use the cmdline to pass in MSI properties if you know the Property Name.

https://docs.revenera.com/installshield26helplib/helplibrary/IHelpCmdLineMSI.htm?Highlight=msi%20com...

The above link also mentions the switches needed for a MSI silent\quiet install.

Hopefully the above information gets you what you need.

0 Kudos
RESMDS
Flexera beginner

in what context? would this still be at the system level context? or can it be fit to set HKCU type entries? 

I have software that requires User level ID entries. Some are during, some are post.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
ayung_2831
Flexera
Flexera

HI RESMDS,
It should run in the user context. So you should be able to write to HKCU. I have done limited testing and created a transform that wrote a key under HKCU.

The key did not initially exist in the registry tables of the .msi but was added as a part of the transform. Running the .msi with the Transform wrote the key to HKCU.

We hope that helps.

Thank you RESMDS

0 Kudos