cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding Custom Install Option

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
When you launch for example paint shop pro, it will ask you for a complete or custom install. I got the install path to go correctly to where I want it to go, but I can not figure out away to remove the custom install option. We use a standard accross the board and do not want users to change the install directory or features. I almost want it as a silent install. We use the MSI's is the GPO's for Active Directory and want very little user interaction.

By the way I am using Tuner for this. Should I try developer??
Thanks for the help in advance.
(2) Replies
Using Tuner is correct. You want to create a transform file (.mst) to tailor the installation options you require. The mst file can then be applied to the MSI when deploying via GPO.

Take note that transforms are only applicable on first install, it will not make changes to applications that are already installed.

To test the transform, you can run [test.msi transforms=test1.mst]. You only need the full path if you have them in different directories.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
In Tuner, you can also set the visibility of each feature to Not Visible. This prevents features from being displayed in custom installations--effectively preventing your users from overriding your selections.