cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISAS 3.5 - Developer 7.04 or Developer 7.0

Hello all.

Our company is currently working with Admin Studio 3.5. Previous to that we were working with 3.01. We run the application from Terminal Server Sessions.

My question to all of you is:
===================

Since upgrading from 3.01 to 3.5 the Author (now Developer 7.04) tool has great difficulties creating a project file from simple INC files.

In troubleshooting we browsed the ISAS 3.5 CD and installed the Developer tool on it's own (local machine install) and found the version was different than that which is installed with ISAS 3.5 (v7 as compared to 7.04) When running Developer 7 (standalone installation) converting INCs that hung Dev 7.04 to ISMs was no problem.

We then installed ISAS 3.5 (local install - identical machine) and the same INC hung the Developer tool.

To say hung is a bit harsh, lets just say what took v7 2 minutes took v 7.04 2 hours.

Has anyone experienced this too? If so, what is your work-around? I will install the tool on the Terminal Server as a standalone if necessary but then we need to go out of the AS environment to start the tool........

Thanks for any help
(1) Reply
This is the first time we have heard about this issue.

With AdminStudio 3.5, we are shipping Developer 7.04. You can also trying converting the INC files using the new Legacy Conversion Wizard. This Legacy Conversion wizard supports SMS, WinInstall and INC Conversion. You also have the option to build the MSi directly in this location.

After you try the Legacy Conversion Wizard, please let me know if it is still a problem. If it is please send me the INC and the NIR files for the project and I will try to determine what the problem is and will get back to you.