cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while installing AdminStudio 11.5 Enterprise Edition Trial

Hi All, I am trying to install AdminStudio 11.5 Enterprise Edition Trial on my VMWare. But it is returning Error message, Please help me out
(6) Replies
Have you tried deleting that folder and trying to run the install again?

Sometimes those cabs can not copy proper.
Dilip.Inuganti wrote:
Hi All, I am trying to install AdminStudio 11.5 Enterprise Edition Trial on my VMWare. But it is returning Error message, Please help me out

I get the same error if I have no Internet connection. If I do have an Internet connection, everything installs fine. I'm not sure what it is needing to check, but it kind of seems like it needs Internet access in order to check the validity of a digital signature (maybe checking with Verisign or something).

Allow your VM to share your Internet connection and you'll be able to get around the problem.
Dilip.Inuganti wrote:

Yes my internet is working on the vmware but still getting the same error as above. is there anything related to changing the vmware settings?
mareddy9999 wrote:
Yes my internet is working on the vmware but still getting the same error as above. is there anything related to changing the vmware settings?

As long as your VM has access to the Internet and you go to Windows Update, it should update its root certificates and you'll be fine. The problem is that on machines that haven't been to Windows Update in a long time, you don't have the correct Symantec (VeriSign) root certificates. So what is happening is that we are using a digital certificate that does not map back to a root certification authority that your machine trusts. You need to go to Windows Update and allow it to update your list of trusted root certification authorities (as well as revoke ones that have been compromised). You can test this by right-clicking on our AdminStudio installation and checking the properties of the digital signature. It will show that you don't trust it, as seen in the following screenshots:

From the Digital Signatures tab, highlight Flexera Software LLC and click Details.

You can see in the details that the digital signature is not trusted by your machine. If you click View Certificate you will see further information about the lack of trust.

I believe that our support team is aware of the issue as well and may be able to provide you with the 2 digital certificates that are required. You can add them to the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store. The two required certificates are known as "Verisign Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority G5" and "VeriSign Class 3 Code Signing 2010 CA"...I have these certificates but kind of doubt that this system will let me post them as an attachment. But I'll give it a try. ...it looks like it did work.

Download the attachment and unzip the 2 .txt files (rename them back to .cer files). Then double-click on them and click on the "Install Certificate" button. Install them into the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store.

I hope that helps.
-Evan
Evan Border's response works. Downloaded the zip and imported certs into trusted root. The install went through fine after that.
hmm.. thread is almost 2 years old.

still evaluating the 11.5 AdminStudio?