Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -6478: 'FON files must have a Font Title'

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Hello,

I am getting a Error -6478 'FON files must have a Font Title'. The documentation for this error specifies setting of the Font Title to each file. My problem is that I have more than 500 files for which this correction is required. The msi created is more than 50 mb which will give u an idea of the amount of components in the package. Correction in 50 files has taken me more than 2 hours.

So my query is that, is there a smarter way of setting the 'Font Title' property or it will have to be done manually for each file ?
(1) Reply
There are multiple ways to achieve this:

1. Delete all the files in the Developer IDE. Then use the component wizard from the Setup Design view to add the 'Fonts'. Component Wizard should extract the font title for you automatically.

2. You could write a VB script (examples of accesing the MSI should be available in the MSI SDK) to open the MSI package and walk through each file to set the 'Font' property.

3. You could use the DEveloper to export the Font table to an IDT file. IDT file is a text file that is tab separated. You could then modify the file in the text editor to add the 'Font Title'.

Let me know if this works for you.