cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1406 - AdminStudio 6.0

I, just today, received AdminStudio 6.0. Previously I had 5.5, I was getting an error during install of a repackaged program it is error 1406.

Product: InterPlot Client -- Error 1406.Could not write value *NewlyCreated* to key \SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_INTERPLOT_IMF_PRINTER_DRIVER_SERVICE\0000\Control. System error . Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

I am installing the software as myself, a Domain Admin so I know it is not a permissions problem.

The fix on the website is to delete a registry entry or buy AdminStudio 6.0. I kept on getting these errors when it would find yet another registry entry. So we purchased the 6.0 version and I still get the same error. The install was created with 6.0 version, not 5.5. Any suggestions? Am I able to call support? I do not yet have my maintenance agreement so I think .

Thanks.
Mark
(1) Reply
Only the system account has permissions to write to that key. Turn on the install with elevated privileges on your system and try again, it should by pass that error.