cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

En passant (& ) sign invisable

Dear reader,

I repackaged "Spybot - Search & Destroy", which works well.
The product-name is also "Spybot - Search & Destroy", so the MSI name is the same.
However, I found out that the wizard does not display the sign, it is substituted by _ (underscore).
A bug ? I think so since the Window title is correct also.

Anyone seen this before and found a fix (and no, I don't meen a workaround by renaming the & to "and") ???

reg, Henno
(3) Replies
I believe the behavior is by design (of Text Control Attribute). In Windows, the accelerator key for a control is defined by placing a "&" in front of the desired character in this string.

For controls with Text Control Attribute, you will need to use a separate property, and have &&, instead of &.
Originally posted by TsungH
I believe the behavior is by design (of Text Control Attribute). In Windows, the accelerator key for a control is defined by placing a "&" in front of the desired character in this string.

For controls with Text Control Attribute, you will need to use a separate property, and have &&, instead of &.

Ok, but where do I change and the extra & sign ?

reg, Henno
You will need to create another property with the value Spybot - Search && Destroy, and do find-and-replace all occurrences of ProductName property used in controls with Text Control Attribute on all dialogs. You may want to make a backup of your ISM before doing so.
Top Kudoed Authors