Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit "Collect Product Information" field

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Hi Peeps!!

I am new to ISS ADMIN STUDIO 3.5 and I am having a couple of tasks laid on me by "the man" and I need help from you guru types 🙂

I need to know how to replace the "default" info included by the Repackager in the following fields.

PRODUCT URL
SUPPORT URL
COMPANY NAME

This is because they will be static and also if you know how to hard code the ADDITIONAL servers section of a Transform I would appreciate it as well. I need to list numerous servers by default. I am sure that these are editable tables but I am LOST AS LAST YEARS EASTER EGGS!!!

SOS

Thanks
(3) Replies
When you launch Legacy Conversion Wizard, you should see Template field in Project Information Panel. By default template it points to your InstallShield\AdminStudio\3.5\Developer\Support\0409\IsProjBlankTpl.ism. You can store your required information in this template or create your own new template with required information and point to this template when you run Legacy Conversion Wizard.

You can use the Tuner tool to create/modify a transform, including additional server locations.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
How do i edit it for the Repackager function. Prior to creation of the INC.

Additionally wont I have to create a NEW mst for EVERY wrap? Can I not enter the server locations into the MSI itself? Or how do I create a MASTER server list. I have to enter like 20 servers per wrap..thats lots of typing and I find it hard to believe there isnt a easier way to do it.

Any suggestions??
First, when you create the .inc with the Repackager Wizard, you'll be prompted for data like company name, etc. - and the name of a template (in .ism format) if you wish to use one. There is a default template, identified in my earlier reply. You can use Developer to modify it, or you can create/specify your own.

If you have a list of additional servers which you would like to have in all of the packages you create, I would suggest adding them to the template that you plan to use when creating the INC. This way, you create the list once (in the template), then apply the template during the repackaging process.

If you have one package that is an exception to the template, you can either edit the MSI package in Developer or create a transform to use with the MSI package on distribution.