cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete userdata

Hi,

1)I repackaged legacy applicaton into MSI by adminstudio 8.6.
2) The msi installs [ALLUSERS=1] files in c:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\Myfolder\myfile.
3) When new user logs into the machine, the MSI heals and copies the data in c:\Documents and Settings\New User Name\Application Data\Myfolder\myfile.

Now during uninstall of MSI the users data is left behind. How do I make all the user specific data from the machines at uninstall
Is it somehow possible witout writing CA? i.e. from MSI itself using ISM file.
(3) Replies
When the ALLUSERS=1 then the installation will be performed for all the users C:\Documents and Settings\All Users... in the machine. I am not sure why it is getting installed to C:\Documents and Settings\User Name in your case?
ALLUSERS=1 because we do per machine installation here in our environment

But due to a specific requirement in my case, for one application we had to change the data to local user appdata folder.

Main thing which I want to know is how do we better handle the uninstall of userdata, I shall just leave it on machine or write custom action or some windows installer functionality needs to be corrected here?
In your MSI be sure "Summary information Stream" "Require Administrative Privileges" is set to "Yes". Some packages will install to user data without this set to Yes. Hope this helps. 🙂