cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I created a custom action which points to an install script function and I inserted the custom action into the sequence. At the begining, when I ran it, I got an error msg, then I changed the sequence for this action. I ran again without any message, but it did not do anything. Any help is greately appreciately!

Thanks
(4) Replies
It will be very helpful if you can post what CA does, what type of CA it is, where CA is inserted into sequence.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
The CA code is Install script. It does only one thing which is to remove the desktop icon for the previous version of a product.

nResult =DeleteFolderIcon(FOLDER_DESKTOP,ICON20BETA);

The ICON20BETA IS defined string which represents the icon.

I knew for a fact that this code works in my InstallShield Professional version.

I created this CA using the wizard. The type is Install Script code with defferred execution, always execute. This CA is inserted right after MoveFiles in the Installation, Execute.

Thanks
You may want to insert your CA after CreateShortcuts action, further down in the Execute sequence. I believe your CA is executed before shortcuts are created.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I tried to move the CA further down in the Execute sequence, like after CreateShortCut, but it is still not working. I think because the icon which my CA is going to remove is an existing one.

thanks