cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another (surprisingly basic) question:

Right now I'm trying to prepare a package for deployment, and this one seems to be different from my PowerDVD package.

From what I understand, the program has three components. Each component has the basic .msi file, and a transform file that contains the logic for the program SEPERATE from the .msi file. There are multiple transform files for multiple languages.

When I apply the transform, it says two files are missing. These are files that are on the CD, a .ini and a .dcf. How do I incorporate those two files within my transformation to get a working application? Thanks.
(2) Replies
Okay, I've been able to put them together just fine. However, the application needs two files to be put into the .msi file to work. One of them is an ini file. When I import that ini file, it still gives me an error during installation that says the file could not be found. Why?
It's been rather difficult figuring this all out myself...seems to be getting done, though.

I'd like to put two related .msi files into the main component .msi file, and when I do the other two .msi files don't seem to install...getting those to work is the next step.