cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Reader 6.0.1 Help Needed

I am really having a hard time with Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0.1

I have tried so many different ways to make it work, and i just cant seem to get it to work
I have looked through the forums for help, but havent found anything that helped
Anyhelp would be appreciated

here are the following errors:

Undefined typelib '{8CC497C9-A1DF-11CE-8098-00AA0047BE5D}': no component exists for file '%SystemFolder%\riched20.dll'.
This may result in ICE33 warnings.

Undefined default icon file for ProgID 'AcroExch.RMFFile': no component exists for file '%WindowsFolder%\Installer\[\{]AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A00000000001[\}]RMFFile.ico'.

Undefined default icon file for ProgID 'PDXFileType': no component exists for file '%WindowsFolder%\Installer\[\{]AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A00000000001[\}]PDXFile.ico'.

Registry entries for file extension '.fdf\AcroExch.FDFDoc\ShellNew' will remain in the Registry table because no ProgId, CLSID, or shell verb was associated with it

Registry entries for file extension '.pdf\AcroExch.Document\ShellNew' will remain in the Registry table because no ProgId, CLSID, or shell verb was associated with it

Registry entries for file extension '.pdx\PDXFileType\ShellNew' will remain in the Registry table because no ProgId, CLSID, or shell verb was associated with it

Registry entries for file extension '.rmf\AcroExch.RMFFile\ShellNew' will remain in the Registry table because no ProgId, CLSID, or shell verb was associated with it

Registry entries for file extension '.xdp\AcroExch.XDPDoc\ShellNew' will remain in the Registry table because no ProgId, CLSID, or shell verb was associated with it

Registry entries for file extension '.xfd\AcroExch.XFDDoc\ShellNew' will remain in the Registry table because no ProgId, CLSID, or shell verb was associated with it

Registry entries for file extension '.xfdf\AcroExch.XFDFDoc\ShellNew' will remain in the Registry table because no ProgId, CLSID, or shell verb was associated with it

ProgID 'AcroExch.FDFDoc' is not fully defined (missing CLSID).

Undefined default icon for ProgId 'AcroExch.Plugin': at least one shell extension verb for the ProgId is required.

ProgID 'AcroExch.Plugin' is not fully defined (missing CLSID).

Undefined default icon for ProgId 'AcroExch.Plugin': at least one shell extension verb for the ProgId is required.

Undefined default icon for ProgId 'AcroExch.SecStore': at least one shell extension verb for the ProgId is required.

ProgID 'AcroExch.SecStore' is not fully defined (missing CLSID).

Undefined default icon for ProgId 'AcroExch.SecStore': at least one shell extension verb for the ProgId is required.

ProgID 'AcroExch.XDPDoc' is not fully defined (missing CLSID).

ProgID 'AcroExch.XFDDoc' is not fully defined (missing CLSID).

ProgID 'AcroExch.XFDFDoc' is not fully defined (missing CLSID).

ISDEV : error -1024: The source file "\\Msi\WIP\Rich\Adobe Reader\WindowsFolder\Installer\[\{]AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A00000000001[\}]PDFFile.ico" for Icon Icon_PDFFile.ico does not exist.
ISDEV : error -1024: The source file "\\Msi\WIP\Rich\Adobe Reader\WindowsFolder\Installer\[\{]AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A00000000001[\}]FDFFile.ico" for Icon Icon_FDFFile.ico does not exist.
ISDEV : error -1024: The source file "\\Msi\WIP\Rich\Adobe Reader\WindowsFolder\Installer\[\{]AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A00000000001[\}]XDPFile.ico" for Icon Icon_XDPFile.ico does not exist.
ISDEV : error -1024: The source file "\\Msi\WIP\Rich\Adobe Reader\WindowsFolder\Installer\[\{]AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A00000000001[\}]XFDFile.ico" for Icon Icon_XFDFile.ico does not exist.
ISDEV : error -1024: The source file "\\Msi\WIP\Rich\Adobe Reader\WindowsFolder\Installer\[\{]AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A00000000001[\}]FDFFile.ico" for Icon Icon_FDFFile.ico does not exist.
(4) Replies
I fixed the 1024 erros in direct editor

ISDEV : error -1024: The source file "\\Msi\WIP\Rich\Adobe Reader\WindowsFolder\Installer\[\{]AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A00000000001[\}]PDFFile.ico" for Icon Icon_PDFFile.ico does not exist.
ISDEV : error -1024: The source file "\\Msi\WIP\Rich\Adobe Reader\WindowsFolder\Installer\[\{]AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A00000000001[\}]XDPFile.ico" for Icon Icon_XDPFile.ico does not exist.
ISDEV : error -1024: The source file "\\Msi\WIP\Rich\Adobe Reader\WindowsFolder\Installer\[\{]AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A00000000001[\}]XFDFile.ico" for Icon Icon_XFDFile.ico does not exist.
I can get it to compile and install but I can NOT get its association with .pdf's to work
.pdf files get an icon assocation, phew...
pdf's open in IE but if I have a .pdf on the desktop or in an email
it will not open by double clicking on it
if i open adobe manually and browse to the file, i can open it
go figure

I am using admin studio 5.0 vp1
and repackager to create my project

has anyone been able to create a snapshot succesfully of adobe acrobat reader 6.0.1 ?
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I worked for quite some time on getting Reader 6.0.1 working. I would not suggest repackaging it as it comes with an msi and an mst along with the supporting files you need within the setup.exe. After you run the setup.exe, do a search for files on c:\ for *.msi, it will lead you to the directory that contains all the files you'll need. I copied these files to a separate directory and actually created a response transform with AdminStudio tuner 5.01 to deal with user dialogs as I needed a silent install. I was able to shut off some of the unwanted features like those flashing ads and the auto updates within the mst. If you run the msi from the command line with the transform it will install fine and you won't get all those repackaging errors. In my experience, trying to repackage a setup.exe that contains an msi doesn't work very well. In terms of the file associations, make sure that other versions of Reader are uninstalled. Believe it or not, Reader and Acrobat Writer 5.05 do not play very well together either. Having reader 6.0.1 and Acrobat 5.05, or version 4 can cause problems with file associations as well as conflicts with the ewh32.api plugin for IE. Look at the registry entries under HKeyClasses root for pdf and also AcroExch.Document, compare to the entries made with the setup.exe and that may help the file associations. Let me know if you need any more help.
~Woody
Alan

thanks for the suggestions
i finally ended up using the msi from adobe, and doing a direct edit on it
i spent 4 days on trying to create a single file msi
as that was/is one of the requirements of the client im working with
but after a little chatting and explaining, i was able to talk them into two for this one
the msi and the cab file

thanks again
rich