cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Repackager - Default output options

Attn: Adminstudio support

I haven't used AdminStudio since version 9.0, and am now using Version 11.5, and have noticed that in the Release settings you can no longer specify the Editor to build and compress the files into an external cab. This functionality appears to have now moved exclusively to the Repackage Output Settings in the Repackager interface.

Have also run "iscmdbld.exe /?" and see no options to compress the files into a cab.

Firstly, does anyone have any idea why this functionality was removed from the Editor?

Secondly, how can I specify the default Repackage Output Settings so that the files are always compressed into CABs for everyone snapshot that I do? I have looked at Options.ini and Islc.ini in the Repackager directory and there is no such default setting that I can specify. I have been able to specify other default settings, but the only setting with regards to the compression in the Options.ini file is whether to BuildCompress (yes or no).

Thank you

Regards,
Aaron
(3) Replies
Alpesh
By
Flexera Alumni
Hi Aaron,

You can still create a release with cab files, by using the Release Wizard in the InstallShield Editor.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!
Thanks. That's a workaround for the first issue I have.

Do you have an answer for my second query?

Regards,
Aaron
Repackager can be made to default to external cabs by having the following two entries in the [General] section of Options.ini:

BuildCompressed=Y
ExternalCab=Y

Best regards,