cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio 9.0 AllUsers Property Problem

I am having an issue with the repackager. We have everything running on Windows XP machine with SP3 with all latest updates and the repackager running as per installation instructions. Doing the "Monitoring Installation method." The problem I am having is that when I run the .msi files after being built they are doing a per-user installation. As of right now we only need to do a per-machine installation and I am wondering how to go about this correctly? By default the ALLUSERS property in the property table is set to ALLUSERS=1 which I thought should force a per-machine install. This is important as we don't per-user installs because we want to be able to remove the .msi files from the machine after installation.
(3) Replies
Try setting the ALLUSERS property to 2.

Then a couple quick questions...

1) How is the file being deployed? GPO? Marimba? Landesk? Novell Zen? Etc....

2) Are you seeing any other packages do the same thing? If so it could be a policy issue.

Let me know...

Thank you,
Bill V.
Still using the ALLUSERS property to "1", I have actually figured it out. After some more playing around with it I got it to work how we need it to. The installation was doing a per-machine install just fine, the problem was the shortcuts on the desktop, the quick launch, and the program files folder. I guess the targets for the shortcuts weren't getting set right and so the msi would try to repair itself upon launch. Solved this. After repackaging the application into an MSI I open it with Install Shield and make the shortcuts not advertised. Before they would package as advertised shortcuts by default and by selecting "No" for advertised shortcuts it allows me to point the shortcuts for all three places directly to the install directory .exe to launch it. Thank you for your help. For now the issue is resolved. And I am currently repacking a whole bunch of applications 😄 for distribution.
That's excellent. I'm glad you got it working the way you needed it to!