cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio 8 and VMWare 6 under Vista

Hello,

I'm having trouble getting the Repackager to launch a Virtual Machine. I go through the wizard and select the Virtual Machine, then when I try and launch it, I get a pop up from VMWare Workstation saying "Invalid option: /x".

From the pop up window, it looks like VMWare is expecting a "-x" instead of a "/x". Is there a workaround for this? I couldn't find a setting anywhere that I could change this.

Thank you.
(3) Replies
This is a documented issue in AdminStudio (IOC-000059241).

However, the only real workaround would be to manually load the VMWare image that you're looking to use. -x just launches the image anyways, so manually launching the image has the same end result.
Thanks for the response...

I was under the impression that there was a way to manipulate the Repackager within a virtual machine to repackage applications.
As far as I'm aware, there's no special interaction with the VMWare session other than launching the specific image via the -x parameter.

From the docs:

http://helpnet.macrovision.com/robo/projects/adminstudio80/ISRRefVMwareWizardRoot.htm

"Using the VMware Repackaging Wizard, you select an available VMware operating system, and then Repackager automatically launches the selected operating system within a VMware session."