cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio 6 for Zenworks

HELP!! :confused:

Can anyone perhaps tell me how you can take 2 MSI's and 2 normal Windows installer programs and merge it into one installer using AdminStudio?

What ever option I tried in this app does not work :confused: I have tried snapshot, installation monitoring ... Do I have to create a MST for each application and then try to combine it?
(2) Replies
Hi,

Microsoft generally doesn't recommend this sort of thing, as it will make it difficult to target these installations with vendor updates (i.e. minor upgrades, patches, etc.).

Can you provide some details as to what the end result you're going for is? One method of handling this is a bootstrapper executable that just silently installs both MSI packages using some custom code--pure InstallScript projects are particularly well suited to this, since they are so configurable.
Hi,

Thankx for responding. I have a product called Documentum Desktop Client. In order to have it integrated with our email client, I have to install the Documentum desktop client (MSI app) first, then DFC app (normal windows installer), then Documentum PIA (MSI app) as well as another application (normal windows installer) that was locally designed.

The problem is that it has to be loaded in a specific sequence in order for it to work. I need to distribute it to about 1000 workstations.

Everything I have tried so far, failed.
Regards
Celeste