Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio 3.5 is now available!

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Dear Customers,

We are proud to announce the General Availability of AminStudio 3.5. The highlights of the release are:
1. Faster and more reliable repackaging with revolutionary InstallMonitorâ„¢ technology
2. A single wizard to convert SMS, ZENworks, and WinINSTALL packages into Windows Installer package
3. Application grouping in ConflictSolver
4. Workflow tool interoperability
5. Complete MSI authoring environment Developer 7 - AdminStudio edition
6. Simplified distribution support
7. Task-based wizards for repackaging, importing setups, isolating applications, and over 40 other tasks
8. For more details visit www.installshield.com/isas

Best Regards,

Ali Hashmi
Program Manager - InstallShield AdminStudio
InstallShield Software Corporation
847-619-7042
alih@installshield.com]more
(6) Replies
Will there be a free upgrade for users of version 3.0?
We just purchased the software about a month ago.
BUpson,

please contact your InstallShield sales representative to see if there's something they can do to help you out.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I beleive that Wise has had your Intell monitor feature for the last 15 months! Looks like you copied tha name. Let be honset , our organzation view IS as an installer company for developers. We use and look to Wise for all of our SA packaging needs. Looks like you guys are copying not innovating.
Idler25,

Thanks for stopping by the InstallShield AdminStudio discussion board and sharing your thoughts. While we recognize that there are similair technologies to InstallMonitor on the market, I can assure you that our API watching technology is the best, and innovative in many ways. InstallMonitor handles system restarts, acquires services and drivers, monitors 16-bit and out-of process API's and correctly gets the shell objects (i.e. WinZip's shortcuts) that other repackagers miss, or need to combine the snapshot and monitoring to correctly get.

I invite you to give it a test drive, and let us know what you think.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Hi David,

Our organization is in the process of evaluating AdminStudio 3.5 and Wise Package Studio 3.2.

We are assisting a large multi-national company with their migration to Windows XP, by repackaging several hundred applications for them.

The one feature that is most important to us is the installation capture technology. We have done some preliminary testing using InstallMonitor, as well as the installation monitoring tool in the Wise product. For the most part, the results seem to be very similar.

I believe that there are differences in the technologies of the two products, but they don't seem to be readily apparent on the surface.

Can you clarify what you mean when you say that InstallMonitor can handle out-of-process APIs, and perhaps give me an example of a package that I can use to see what you mean?

Thank you for your assistance.

Michael Krueger
Michael,

By out-of-process API's, I was actually referring to COM self-registration, sorry if I confused you. If you are looking to compare side-by-side, and see some of differences, I suggest you try repackaging some of these:

- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Adobe Acrobat (Full)
- Hydrablast
- Easy CD Creator 5.0
- Eudora Client
- Hummingbird Exceed
- Lotus Notes
- Microsoft Visual Basic
- Realplayer Basic 8
- WinZip 8
- Rumba
- Siebel Client
- Oracle 8 Client
- SAP

Take note of the quantity of ICE warnings and errors, if the repackaged setup will work "out-of-the-box", and how well the uninstall performs.