Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ActiveSync 3.7.1 Problems...Help/Advice sought

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Hello folks

I am attempting to package the latest version of Microsoft ActiveSync (3.7.1) into a standard MSI.

I have browsed throught this thread: ActiveSyncThread

I deleted the following registry keys to alleviate the Program Files folder openeing every time I dock the PDA:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows CE Services\AutoStartOnDisconnect]
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows CE Services\AutoStartOnDisconnect]
@=""

But now what happens is when I attempt to log the user off in windows 2000 I get the following error dialog:

"End Program - WCES Manager Thunk Window"

This only seems to happen once however, the first tiem I run Sunchronisation and then attempt to log off the user.

The process ends and the user is eventually logged off, but is this cause for concern? It does not pop up again if I re-login and sync.

Any help and advice is much appreciated

Regards

Solid aka Anand
(3) Replies
I don't know the answer to your question but I am curios how you got it to recognize the drivers for the PPC. I had to install the drivers on the root of "C" because that is where it keeps defaulting to look. I don't know how to point it to the proper location under C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\drivers

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
A quick update to my predicament.

ActiveSync closes down ok when the PDA is docked and you log off the current user in windows 2000, however logging off without the PDA docked gives this Thunk Window error.

If anyone has any idea or thoughts on what this could be your help is very much appreciated.
does anyone have a finished active sync 3.7.1 msi file ?