cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Report in Admin Studio Enterprise Edition

Hi guys.

Im new on the FlexNet AdminStudio and I loving this tool.

My company are evaluating the enterprise edition to implant a new install process to local support team.

One of my questions is:

- Its possible get a monthly report of how many times a aplication was accessed ?
- Is possible to customize the Adminstudio main page?

Tks friends.

Ps: Sorry for poor english 😛
(5) Replies
I'm glad to hear you're enjoying AdminStudio!

Can you clarify a few details on your requirements?

1. What do you mean by 'Application'?:
--An AdminStudio tool such as Repackager?
--A Workflow Project (in the Projects view)?
--An Application Request (in the Workflow Manager tab of AES)?
--A package that has been imported into Application Manager?

2. Which main page? The one that shows under the 'Start Page' tab of the AdminStudio IDE, or the initial login page of AES in the 'Enterprise Server' tab?
For advanced reporting, process monitoring/control, and metrics gathering you should check out Workflow Manager. This product greatly extends AdminStudio in these areas.
Cary R wrote:
I'm glad to hear you're enjoying AdminStudio!

Can you clarify a few details on your requirements?

1. What do you mean by 'Application'?:
--An AdminStudio tool such as Repackager?
--A Workflow Project (in the Projects view)?
--An Application Request (in the Workflow Manager tab of AES)?
--A package that has been imported into Application Manager?

2. Which main page? The one that shows under the 'Start Page' tab of the AdminStudio IDE, or the initial login page of AES in the 'Enterprise Server' tab?

Dear Cary,

Think in this situation:

- I have a company with thousands of legacy apps, made in inumerous Repackers ( VB, Install Shield 4x, etc ) then i need to repack those apps to MSI packages. Also a need to publish on the Corp´s Intranet a Web Page with links to apps in repository, and get a montly report of how many times these link are accessed.

The AdminStudio Enterprise Edition could supply my requirement ? Or i need another Tool in together ?
If you're just going to have a page with href links to packages, and then run reports on who follows those links, there may be a way to generate the pages automatically using Workflow Manager's extensibility features, however, reporting would be done on the side of the web server.

In IIS this is fairly trivial--there's many free or inexpensive reporting tools out there that parse the logs to handle what you want.
Cary R wrote:
If you're just going to have a page with href links to packages, and then run reports on who follows those links, there may be a way to generate the pages automatically using Workflow Manager's extensibility features, however, reporting would be done on the side of the web server.

In IIS this is fairly trivial--there's many free or inexpensive reporting tools out there that parse the logs to handle what you want.

Ok, I´ll try out the Work Flow Manager and see what he can do. Thanks for the support