Please note, the Recognition module and also all Spider Data Collector endpoints must be updated.
* The communication components of the Spider Data Collector and the recognition module are updated. Extensive security improvements are included. It was converted to openSSL 1.1 and a new authentication method was used. These changes mean that all Spider Data Collector endpoints have to be updated, otherwise they can no longer send data to the recognition servers.
* A new version of Columbus/Spider Inventory is being delivered (version: 126.96.36.19914). The Inventory Agent can install itself automatically if this is set. The inventory scanner must be updated manually.
* The Adobe Portal Connector has been enhanced to support TLS. This can be switched on with the parameter "TLS = true" when calling the connector.
* Fix: When importing Adobe portal data, the import of users could be aborted if e-mail addresses are assigned to several user data records. This has now been fixed.
* These entries were added after the release announcement.
Important Catalog Changes
New LMP-Definitions for Microsoft OneNote and Office
Additional LMP-Definitions Items for ViCons ViFlow
TheRecognition Catalog contains normalization and recognition capabilities for more than
2.764.373 inventoried programs,
108.305 software publishers, and
6.499.822 inventoried files.
For more details please check the change notes.
Software and SKU Catalog
The Software Catalog contains more than 1.060.259 relevant and normalized articles (SKUs)of software licenses and maintenances and more than 66.324 license-relevant product versions. Summary of the supplemented catalog items:
Articles (SKUs): 4.269
Spider Data Collector
TheSpider Data Collector (SDC) provides a set of connectors to 3rd party inventory for an out-of-the-box collection of computers, software, users, virtualization, and many more.
Please check the Spider Data Collector User Manual for a full reference of all connectors.