cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello,
is it possible to assign a license only to specific employee, then the license is used only by that employee?
Thank you
Vlad

(1) Solution

Hi Vlad,

I have double-checked this for you.

I see in my Spider, when I create a license, that I can set a "Responsible employee". This subsequently shows a license in the "Employee" object. 

Spider Licence

spider_licence_responsible_employee.png

Spider (Asset) Employee

spider_asset_employee_licence.png

As far as Spider is concerned, this is a License assignment, however, licenses with "Responsible employee" does not affect the compliance. 

Only a single "Responsible employee" can be set, even If the license quantity is greater than 1. 

Licences are managed by the company. Spider does not know who is using that licence if for example, the employee moves to another department or leaves the business and the "licence" is then used by another employee. 

Kind regards,

James Ellis

Like the answer, please remember to "Accept as solution". Keep the Kudo's coming!

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

Hi Vlad,

I will double-check and get back to you.

Kind regards,

James Ellis

Like the answer, please remember to "Accept as solution". Keep the Kudo's coming!

Hi Vlad,

I have double-checked this for you.

I see in my Spider, when I create a license, that I can set a "Responsible employee". This subsequently shows a license in the "Employee" object. 

Spider Licence

spider_licence_responsible_employee.png

Spider (Asset) Employee

spider_asset_employee_licence.png

As far as Spider is concerned, this is a License assignment, however, licenses with "Responsible employee" does not affect the compliance. 

Only a single "Responsible employee" can be set, even If the license quantity is greater than 1. 

Licences are managed by the company. Spider does not know who is using that licence if for example, the employee moves to another department or leaves the business and the "licence" is then used by another employee. 

Kind regards,

James Ellis

Hi James,
thank you a lot for your information 🙂
Vlad