cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimuseinobj
Level 2

why the "Change Object Settings" menu disable in InstallShield 2018 Express

hi,
i buy a InstallShield 2018 Express Perpetual License, which is $749.00.

i use InstallShield to build a java based program. my case is if the setup.exe find local Windows does not install JRE, then it will install JRE firstly. if it finds, then InstallShield will bypass the JRE isntallation and install my jars directly.
previously when i use a trial InstallShield2018SP1PremierComp.exe, i test my case and successfully. then i buy a license, but now i find this JRE check process fail. it always install the JRE.

when i use trial InstallShield, i can create my JRE prerequisite in "Redistributables" function. and my "JRE 64bit.prq" content is:

now i input the license code, which is "Serial Number" in the order email. i find the UI has changes. i can not add new prerequisite, and when i try to edit my prerequisite by right click it, i find "Change Object Settings" menu is disable and gray.

who can tell me why and how to implement my case?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
banna_k
Revenera
Revenera

Edit prerequisite feature is not available in the express version, and "Change Object Settings" is for the install script objects prerequisites.
0 Kudos
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

jimuseinobj wrote:
hi,
i buy a InstallShield 2018 Express Perpetual License, which is $749.00.

i use InstallShield to build a java based program. my case is if the setup.exe find local Windows does not install JRE, then it will install JRE firstly. if it finds, then InstallShield will bypass the JRE isntallation and install my jars directly.
previously when i use a trial InstallShield2018SP1PremierComp.exe, i test my case and successfully. then i buy a license, but now i find this JRE check process fail. it always install the JRE.

when i use trial InstallShield, i can create my JRE prerequisite in "Redistributables" function. and my "JRE 64bit.prq" content is:

now i input the license code, which is "Serial Number" in the order email. i find the UI has changes. i can not add new prerequisite, and when i try to edit my prerequisite by right click it, i find "Change Object Settings" menu is disable and gray.

who can tell me why and how to implement my case?

Hi,

InstallShield2018SP1PremierComp.exe is the trial version of Premier version of installshield but which ever you had purchased is of express. Thereby you are able to see ambiguity

Hope it helps,
Thanks,
Jenifer
0 Kudos