InstallShield Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InstallShield Forum

Same Product code for different project type

0 1 27
Hi,I have changed my project type from Installscript MSI to Install script project for multiple instance support.So, the initial installer was created with Install script MSI type and I need it to get an upgrade using a new installer created by Insta...
by sasikumar Active participant

Problems reactivating Installshield 2015

0 2 62
I have a problem while attempting to re-activate our installation of Installshield 2015, it started asking us for a reactivation today:On-Line activation returns: "Error 0 - Activation of serial number failed: The quantity specified exceeds maximum q...
by spazos Flexera beginner

Registering 64-bit native DLL failed

0 11 118
I use InstallShield 2016 Professional edition. The project is InstallScriptOperating system: Windows 7 64-bit.The COM-based DLL file is native 64-bit. I could not register as self-register, as few components are added at a later stage. So at the ver...
by helenAtHoriba Flexera beginner

COM Extraction issues - incorrect typelib paths in registry

0 3 1804
Hi all,We are using COM Extract at Build in a Merge Module project. We are encountering a problem where paths for our internal build machines are being found in "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\...\1.0\0\win32" rather than the path the DLL has been install...
by alanrickman Pilgrim

COM extraction to reg file by script or command line

0 0 20
Hello,I have questions about automatization of COM extraction:1) Is it a way to extract COM information to reg file by external script (ie. using ISWiProject object) or by command line of any application provided with InstallShield (or OS)?I spent a ...
by Wittiw Pilgrim

Custom Folder Icon

0 2 43
Hi,I just want to set a specific icon to a folder create by the installshield installer.The folder where I want to set an icon is a folder create in the Shortcuts/Desktop.I want to set the icon I created for our folder where all the shortcut of all o...
by steve_guerin Pilgrim

Installshield 2019 / NuGet / CefSharp

0 2 45
I'm currently enhancing our application with a built in Cefsharp-Browser.CefSharp is included via NuGet and comes with a bunch of files put into the project output folder in VS 2017.I added the projects primary output and the locally copied files to ...
by achim_muehlber Pilgrim

Display installshield dialog for “Repair” from control panel

1 2 62
We are using a Basic MSI project that creates an exe file. We need to display installshield dialogs when the user chooses to “Repair” from control panel. However, by default, when “Repair” is selected from control panel, there is a prompt from window...
by tirtht Flexera beginner

InstallShield 2010 stops working

0 3 61
I am not able to build my project in InstallShield 2010. This issue started appearing after 11-Jun-2019.Please see the attached screenshot Installshield 2010 crashesof the error. Would be of great help if there is any pointer to the resolution.
by devflex Flexera beginner

Add System Software Requirement for .NET 4.7.1 to 2015 LE

0 2 63
Using InstallShield 2015 LEI need to add a minimum requirement of .NET 4.7.1 FULL to my install project.NET 4.5 Full and several other System Software Requirements are available for me to choose from but .NET 4.7.1 is not in that list. In the Install...
by dansopata Flexera beginner

setup.exe crashes - but not with silent install

0 8 128
The installer I am creating works when using a silent install script, but crashes on launch when the setup.exe is interactive. This is a sudden issue as no changes have been made to my InstallShield script project and no updates to Windows.When clic...
by BobHickey Flexera beginner

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.