cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mverma
Level 2

availability of InstallShield Mutiplatform 12

InstallShield Windows 12 is already available, when is InstallShield Mutiplatform 12 going to be available? Since we want our software to be installed in multiple platforms and we haven't started any install related activity using installshield, I was thinking to wait for InstallShield Mutiplatform 12 incase it is being released soon.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(9) Replies
mjbenz
Level 3

I called to get the upgrade for our Windows based license fulfilled and asked about an upgrade to MP 12. I was told it was not coming any time soon and something about maybe no upgrade to 12 and moving to install anywhere, not sure what that meant but I was hoping for a new version with bug fixes and bundled JVMs for FreeBSD.
0 Kudos
rmackay
Level 7

HAHA. I'd rather move to Zimbabwe then upgrade to InstallNowhere.
0 Kudos
webwesen
Level 2

a Macrovision salesperson told me they would support IS MP for another year or so and then push everyone to "upgrade" to InstallAnywhere

in plain English : do not expect IS MP 12 any time soon
0 Kudos
rmackay
Level 7

No way will I ever upgrade to something made with InstallNowhere. That product just can not support enterprise level stuff.
0 Kudos
mmortensen
Level 2

I have asked this same question to the InstallShield tier 2 tech support. There is a service pack available now for 11.5 but 12.0 is not in the near future. Turns out the same development team works on both code bases for InstallShield and InstallAnywhere. There is a new release of InstallAnywhere coming out at the end of August and then the developers should be able to work on InstallShield again. From the tech support individual it sounded like they will support both InstallShield and InstallAnywhere platforms for several years. There isn't a formal decision as to which product line will be the ultimate final product.
0 Kudos
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

Funny, InstallSite used to have a news item posted saying that Multiplatform was being discontinued. I don't see it anymore. I wonder what the deal is.
0 Kudos
a-zender
Level 3

I am currently using both InstallShield and InstallAnywhere, but I would like to change all my installations to use only one of them. Does anyone have any advice, as to which product is most likely to be supported in the future? :confused:
0 Kudos
Stefan_Krueger
Level 9

Quote from the InstallAnywhere product page (emphasis added):
InstallAnywhere is the solution of choice among multiplatform installation developers worldwide.

Quote from the InstallShield Multiplatform product page (emphasis added):
Upgraded for current InstallShield multiplatform developers ...

And this announcement (which I think is not available on the web site):
Effective June 30, 2006 and until further notice, customers with active FLEXnet InstallShield MultiPlatform maintenance plans may upgrade to the current version of InstallAnywhere at no additional cost.

Reading between the lines, what do these statements tell you about Macrovision's preference?
Stefan Krueger
InstallSite.org
0 Kudos
Philip_Morten
Level 2

Christopher Painter wrote:
Funny, InstallSite used to have a news item posted saying that Multiplatform was being discontinued. I don't see it anymore. I wonder what the deal is.

Here is the announcement on the MacroVision site:
http://www.macrovision.com/products/flexnet_installshield/installanywhere/ismp_eol.shtml

Philip Morten
0 Kudos