cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pjbeatty
Level 3

Cannot tab to all buttons in Begin Frame

I have added a 3rd button to Begin Frame, but have discovered I can only tab to Next and the new button. I can no longer tab to Cancel button. I can, however, shift+tab to all 3 buttons. Just for fun I added a 4th button to Begin Frame. I again can only tab to Next and the latest button that I've added. I still can shift+tab to all 4 buttons. Of course I have set the tab order property for all buttons.

It seems there's an issue with setting the Swing focus traversal when adding a new button in the Dialog editor. Any suggestions?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
pjbeatty
Level 3

talk to me goose
0 Kudos
pjbeatty
Level 3

Support provided following solution:
Set 3rd button's 'default button' to true and in 'focus' set 'tab order' to 1 and 'default focus' to true.

I modified this a bit since I still wanted Next button to still be default button. I set 3rd button's 'tab order' to 1 and 'default focus' to true. I kept Next button's 'default button' set to true. This way user can still hit enter to move beyond Welcome panel. I do get "boonk" sound, presumably due to "default focus" being set to 3rd button and "default button" being true on Next button.
0 Kudos