Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

Packaging prerequisites with Setup.exe does not work in MSI

Hi Folks.
We have a requirement that we need to package Microsoft .Net 2.0 SP2,
Microsoft SQL Express 2008 SP1 and Windows Installer 4.5 for Vista into an MSI based single Setup.exe.
These prerequisistes are all installed locally and enabled.
Then I go to Release Wizard and choose
Web-> One Executable-> Extract Prerequisites From Setup.exe -> Cache Installation On Local Machine-> Defaults -> Finish

After the build process is over, these prerequisites are not contained within the Setup.exe.
What am I doing wrong?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Alex_W
Level 6

Ya, I've discovered the a similar issue, but with a InstallScript MSI project. So far I haven't found a solution. If you or anyone else finds one please post.
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

How do you know they aren't in setup.exe? I tried using a sample notepad prerequisite with the settings as described, and the prerequisite is definitely included on my current development build. Furthermore, if I select the SQL Express or .NET 2.0 prerequisites, which are currently not downloaded to my machine, building results in a -6003 error when it cannot copy their files.

Is this problem specific to the prerequisites you mention? Note that some prerequisites, such as the "Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 (Web Download)" only contain and run a web-downloading bootstrap, even when the contents of the prerequisite are included in setup.exe.
0 Kudos