cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Videstra
Level 7

dotnet 3.5 & Single File Installation

I must be missing something...
I want to create a single installation file (as "single file" would suggest) that will also install .NET 3.5. When I use the Single File option however it only creates a small setup with my program files, and creates a folder with the .net installer in it.
This makes it rather difficult to allow people to download my program over the internet. What am I missing? I was able to do this with .net 1.0 and 2.0, but the whole new .net stuff is now under dependencies and there doesn't appear to be any option to include the .net installer inside the setup.exe - that I've been able to find.
It's probably right under my nose...
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

The Redistributables view is where you add any of the latest versions of the .NET Framework to your project. For more information, see Adding .NET Framework Redistributables to Projects.

For the location of that prerequisite, you will want to use the Extract From Setup.exe option. If you have more than one prerequisite in your project, you can specify the location for all of the prerequisites in the Releases view. (As an alternative, you can specify different locations for each one.) To learn more, see Specifying the Location for InstallShield Prerequisites at the Release Level.

I hope that helps.
0 Kudos
Videstra
Level 7

Ok - the answer is:
In the Installation Designer [Section 6 - Releases] go to the "Setup.exe" tab. At the bottom change "InstallShield Prerequisites Location" to "Extract From Setup.exe"
- this should be the default when choosing "Single Image" under build, but for some reason it isn't.
0 Kudos