cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deva07
Level 3

Oracle DB connection failed and throwing “Error 27502. Could not connect to Oracle"

Hi,

In my project, I’ve configured oracle connection properties in ISSQLDBMetaData table.

AdoDriverName: OraOLEDB.Oracle
AdoCxnDriver: Provider=
AdoCxnServer: Data source=
AdoCxnUserID: User Id=
AdoCxnPassword: Password=
AdoCxnWindowsSecurity: OSAuthent=1

In SQL-login dialog, I’ve selected oracle Alias name which I’ve added this entry in ‘tnsnames.ora’ file. The DB Test connection got success and moved to next dialog.
But, While execute SQL scripts section, it’s trying to connect oracle server and throwing below error message.

Error 27502. Could not connect to Oracle ' '. ORA-12560 : TNS : protocol adapter error (12560)

I’ve tried “AdoCxnServer: Dbq= “ also. Its throwing same error.

Note:
I’ve installed Oracle 11g and Oracle instance client 11.2.0.3.0
Its working fine in InstallShield 2011 PE version.

If its a oracle connection problem, it should throw this exception in SQL-login dialog.

Could you please help me.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

I'm curious if the value of the underlying property of the target server name setting was changed after the SQL-Login dialog is displayed. Did you generate a verbose log for the installation to troubleshoot your issue?
0 Kudos
deva07
Level 3

Hi Hidenori,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Yes, I've tried installation with verbose mode. I've see some wrong properties value setting by installer(only showing in oracle connection) during the sql script execution.

The below DB connection configuration settings, the correct value is 'Server=MYORADEVSID'. But, its setting wrong value.

[Oracletest_CXNProperties]
Server=
MYORADEVSID=
RawServer=[ORACLE_SERVER]
Database=
RawDatabase=[ORACLE_SERVER_CATALOG]
UserName=system
RawUserName=[ORACLE_LOGIN_USERNAME]
Password=EDAC06CF8F0C66
RawPassword=[ORACLE_LOGIN_USERPWD]
Authentication=1
RawAuthentication=[ORACLE_AUTHENTICATION]
LocalOnly=No
DisallowToMSDE=No
NotCreateDB=Yes
Failed=No
ErrType=0
ErrDesc=
CmdTimeout=30
BatchSeparator=/
ScriptVersion_Table=
ScriptVersion_Column=
SkipCxnIfReqNotMet=No

Note:
I’ve configured oracle connection properties in ISSQLDBMetaData table.
AdoDriverName: OraOLEDB.Oracle
AdoCxnDriver: Provider=
AdoCxnServer: Data source=
AdoCxnUserID: User Id=
AdoCxnPassword: Password=
AdoCxnWindowsSecurity: OSAuthent=1

I've attached the 'DBConnection.log' file for your reference..This file i've taken from %temp% location which is created by install shield.
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

I would suggest that you create a Windows Installer verbose log for the installation in order to trace how the value of the ORACLE_SERVER property gets set. The KB article Q106551 explains how to create the log.
0 Kudos
deva07
Level 3

Hi Hidenori,

I've tried which you suggested, seems the logs entry showing correct oracle connection details in 'SampleAppssetup.log' file

Property(S): ORACLE_SERVER = MYORADEVSID
Property(S): ORACLE_LOGIN_USERNAME = system
Property(S): ORACLE_LOGIN_USERPWD = **********

and also I've open '~BA7F.tmp' file for check all the DB connections properties.

1: ISSQLRequirement table does not exist...
1: ISSQLRequirement table does not exist...
1: Finished SQL Server Costing Process...
1: Setting Costing Info Location ISSQLServerInstall : C:\Users\DCHAND~1\AppData\Local\Temp\~BA7F.tmp
MSI (s) (A0!20) [11:27:19:091]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding ISSQLServerInstall property. Its value is 'C:\Users\DCHAND~1\AppData\Local\Temp\~BA7F.tmp'.

But, I've seen wrong oracle connection details in 'C:\Users\DCHAND~1\AppData\Local\Temp\~BA7F.tmp' file.

[Oracletest_CXNProperties]
Server=
MYORADEVSID=
RawServer=[ORACLE_SERVER]
Database=
RawDatabase=[ORACLE_SERVER_CATALOG]
UserName=system
RawUserName=[ORACLE_LOGIN_USERNAME]
Password=EDAC06CF8F0C66
RawPassword=[ORACLE_LOGIN_USERPWD]
Authentication=1
RawAuthentication=[ORACLE_AUTHENTICATION]

Please find the attached log files (, )
0 Kudos
Superfreak3
Level 11

Did you ever figure this out? I think you had successfully gotten past the task I have to add to may install... and that is simply checking the connection to the Oracle Db. I don't have to really run any modification/data gathering scripts afterwards.

I just need valid credentials to write to a config file for a web app.

I would just like to know the steps to test the Oracle connection. I guess you added a SQL connection and set the properties. If you can, can you summarize the General, Requirements and Advanced tabs settings. On the Requirements tab I see a selection for Oracle, but I can't add anything. I'm wondering if that has something to do with the Oracle 11 g installer I see referenced in the User's Guide. I'm hoping that if I can set target Oracle versions I will be able to use the SQLLogin dialog for Server/Db browse also.

Anyway, my install will give the user a choice of SQL or Oracle. For the SQL connection test, I ended up writing my own Custom Action to test that connection type because I was seeing weird results with the ISSQLServerValidate action out of the box. I hope, if I can get this hooked up for Oracle that action will work out for me.

Any info you can share would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
0 Kudos