cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Superfreak3
Level 11

Oracle Connection Dialog...

Hi all,

I have an install for a web app that can have either a SQL or Oracle backend. The current install work does contain a SQL connection dialog (I created my own connection test method because the IS procedure seemed a little shaky or I just don't understand it fully) and I'm wondering if there is an Oracle connection dialog available.

I do like the server/database browse function of the SQL dialog, but I'm not a database guy, but don't believe that will work properly for Oracle. In other words I would have radio buttons for the database selection then use the same connection dialog, just call a different verification action based on the radio button selection.

The documentation mentions Oracle Instant Client as part of this so I don't know if that is needed for what I want to do.

Any help/clarity would be more than GREATLY appreciated!!

THANKS!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Superfreak3
Level 11

From what I gather, I have to add the Oracle client to my install as a prerequisite, which I've done based on the instructions to create the .msi, add the prereq, etc found in the User's Guide. I changed the following in the ISSQLDbMetaData table...

ADODriverName = {Oracle in instantclient12_1}
AdoCxnServer = DBQ=

The issue is that in the connection Requirements, I can't add any for Oracle. The version selection dialog only becomes active is SQL is selected there. Does anyone know how I can set the Oracle requirements?
0 Kudos
Superfreak3
Level 11

Superfreak3 wrote:
From what I gather, I have to add the Oracle client to my install as a prerequisite, which I've done based on the instructions to create the .msi, add the prereq, etc found in the User's Guide. I changed the following in the ISSQLDbMetaData table...

ADODriverName = {Oracle in instantclient12_1}
AdoCxnServer = DBQ=

The issue is that in the connection Requirements, I can't add any for Oracle. The version selection dialog only becomes active is SQL is selected there. Does anyone know how I can set the Oracle requirements?

I also see reference to the database connection requirments as checkboxes, whereas the available databases is a selection list in 2015. This is killing me! >P
0 Kudos