cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Superfreak3
Level 11

Conditionally Displaying Dialogs during Mnt Install When a Feature is Being Removed..

Hi all,

I'm working through my UI flow and I've hit a snag. For the most part, the UI is traversed (both forward and backwards) as desired. However, In Maintenance mode (modify), I hit a snag with one of my features.

I have two features, MyFeature1, and MyFeature2. Feature 2 has an additional dialog tied to it. If Feature 2 is set to install (&MyFeature2=3) or it is already installed (!MyFeature2=3) this additional dialog is displayed.

My problem is that if I choose to mark the feature for removal on the Custom Setup dialog, the dialog tied to that feature is still displayed after clicking next. What condition can I incorporate when the item is first set to be undinstalled.

Maybe I could just display this dialog (SQL connection check) on initial install only. My thinking on including the dialog in maintenance was that mayb the user may want to change some SQL information (Server, authenticated user, etc). We do store this information for our web apps connection.

I hope there is something I can plug into the condition to suppress the SQL dialog if the !Feature is installed, but being removed.

Any help appreciated!!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
TsungH
Level 12

Have you tried using this condition where feature 2 is already installed and not set to uninstall?
!MyFeature2=3 AND &MyFeature2 <> 2
0 Kudos
Superfreak3
Level 11

TsungH wrote:
Have you tried using this condition where feature 2 is already installed and not set to uninstall?
!MyFeature2=3 AND &MyFeature2 <> 2

No I have not, but definitely will!

THANKS MUCH!!
0 Kudos