cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mballoni1
Level 3

InstallShield 2018 Lite - License corrupted, cannot repair

Hey y'all,

Just ran into this problem today...things have been fine for months.

When I launch my Visual Studio 2017 Pro, it would say that the license was corrupted and needed to be repaired.

I tried to jump through those XML file hoops, etc., no luck.

I have my license key, I just need to get back to where I can put that in and get on with life.

-Michael
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

mballoni1 wrote:
Hey y'all,

Just ran into this problem today...things have been fine for months.

When I launch my Visual Studio 2017 Pro, it would say that the license was corrupted and needed to be repaired.

I tried to jump through those XML file hoops, etc., no luck.

I have my license key, I just need to get back to where I can put that in and get on with life.

-Michael

Did you a give it a try by uninstalling and reinstalling Lite again?
You can attach installshield.log here which you can see from <\Installshield\\System\Installshield.log.That can help forum members to help you out.

Thanks,
Jenifer
0 Kudos
mballoni1
Level 3

Find attached log file.

I've reinstalled Visual Studio, did various uninstall, reboot, install, reboot, try again, no luck.

In the log I saw that there was a registry error looking for a serial number in the registry. Tried putting my activation code in there, didn't help.

When I launch Visual Studio and load my solution the installer project shows as "(unavailable)"

Anybody had this and gotten around it in some way?
0 Kudos
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

mballoni1 wrote:
Find attached log file.

I've reinstalled Visual Studio, did various uninstall, reboot, install, reboot, try again, no luck.

In the log I saw that there was a registry error looking for a serial number in the registry. Tried putting my activation code in there, didn't help.

When I launch Visual Studio and load my solution the installer project shows as "(unavailable)"

Anybody had this and gotten around it in some way?

Hi,

Thanks for attaching the log file.Looks like cause would be "flxActTransactionSend: 51404 Failed to connect to the activation server. Check your internet connection and try again"

Do you have internet connection on the machine you are trying to activate?To make sure nothing blocks from machine,try disabling firewall.

You can refer this link:https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Licensing-Knowledge-Base/Unable-to-activate-a-license-on-Windows-Server-2012/ta-p/19771/page/2 where people had faced similar issues,and sorted out.

Hope it helps,
Thanks,
Jenifer

0 Kudos
mballoni1
Level 3

I made the changes to Internet Explorer, but looking at InstallShield.log I see the same error.
0 Kudos
mballoni1
Level 3

Hello again,

I tried uninstalling IS 2k15 LE and IS 2k18 Lite, then uninstalling FlexNET (http://support.installshield.com/kb/files/Q112918/SoftwareManagerUninstall.exe), then rebooting, then manually rooting out all "flex" from the registry, then rebooting, then installing IS 2k18 Lite...

Still broken.

See attached (tiny) log.

Can you bless my license key so I can get back to work? 46FE-A5DB-2B27-C2A1

Thank you, -Michael
0 Kudos
mballoni1
Level 3

I upgraded my Visual Studio from 15.something to 15.9. And reinstalled it.

That must have tripped up the licensing.

See this log line:

1-28-2019[01:41:09 PM]: Error 50021 (88881, 10207, 0), This ASR has already been activated. It can be activated only once, so this request has been refused. -- File: ASRFile.cpp, Line: 126

Any way to "forget" my "ASR" so I can get on with life?
0 Kudos
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

mballoni1 wrote:
I upgraded my Visual Studio from 15.something to 15.9. And reinstalled it.

That must have tripped up the licensing.

See this log line:

1-28-2019[01:41:09 PM]: Error 50021 (88881, 10207, 0), This ASR has already been activated. It can be activated only once, so this request has been refused. -- File: ASRFile.cpp, Line: 126

Any way to "forget" my "ASR" so I can get on with life?

Hi,

I will come back to you with respect to activation code,since the code is tied up to machine i can't verify from my end.

Answering to your follow up question:
" Error 50021 (88881, 10207, 0), This ASR has already been activated. It can be activated only once, so this request has been refused. -- File: ASRFile.cpp, Line: 126"

This is something related to EVAL mode that you might be given to try out when you had installed.Eval mode can be activated only once on your machine,this might not be the reason for your issue.Still you are unable to activate?

Thanks,
Jenifer
0 Kudos
mballoni1
Level 3

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yeah, still no progress, still stuck with no ability to load installer projects into Visual Studio.

Can you give me a cookbook for getting back to zero where I can enter my license key and get on with life?
0 Kudos