cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fharbison
Level 2

Build Error: ISEXP : fatal error 0:

I was having the same issue with InstallShield LE using VS 2015. I purchased InstallShield 2018 ($800) to try to resolve the issue but I'm having the same results.

When building, everything seems to go well until the end. Here is the tail of my build log:

Files built
Media table successfully built
Started signing certificate.msi ...
ISEXP : fatal error 0:
Express\SingleImage - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

This is a simple install that I've been doing for years. (I merely installs one Excel macro file (xxx.xlsm) and one .dll to folders that are created during the install. The .XLSM file is signed separately.

I can find very little information on line or in these forums and the error message is oh so helpful.

PLEASE HELP. If I need to provide additional information, let me know and I will be happy to.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
rguggisberg
Level 13

Have not seen that one.
Are you sure your certificate has not expired?
0 Kudos
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

fharbison wrote:
I was having the same issue with InstallShield LE using VS 2015. I purchased InstallShield 2018 ($800) to try to resolve the issue but I'm having the same results.

When building, everything seems to go well until the end. Here is the tail of my build log:

Files built
Media table successfully built
Started signing certificate.msi ...
ISEXP : fatal error 0:
Express\SingleImage - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

This is a simple install that I've been doing for years. (I merely installs one Excel macro file (xxx.xlsm) and one .dll to folders that are created during the install. The .XLSM file is signed separately.

I can find very little information on line or in these forums and the error message is oh so helpful.

PLEASE HELP. If I need to provide additional information, let me know and I will be happy to.

Hi,

Yeah,i would need more details.

-What are all the files you want to sign?

If only setup.exe ,hopefully you would have opt for Sign Files->Setup.exe ,if not further operations.

-How are you signing? if using certificate are those valid details?

Thanks,
Jenifer
0 Kudos