cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chucky
Level 3

InstallShield 2018 Lite Installation Problem

I cannot install IntallShield 2018 Lite into Visual Studio Community 2018.
The install instructions in the email say to install as a Setup & Deployment Project under Other Project Types only Service and Deployment selection menu does not exist.
According to Flexara website Req page, I should be able to do this !

Whats' wrong ?
Chucky
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Chucky wrote:
I cannot install IntallShield 2018 Lite into Visual Studio Community 2018.
The install instructions in the email say to install as a Setup & Deployment Project under Other Project Types only Service and Deployment selection menu does not exist.
According to Flexara website Req page, I should be able to do this !

Whats' wrong ?
Chucky

Hi ,

This is note from Flexera in visual studio marketplace which clearly states that InstallShield Lite for Visual Studio 2017 is not supported for Visual Studio Community Edition.

https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=Flexera-InstallShield-Lite.InstallShield2018Lite

"For over 25 years, InstallShield has been the gold standard for Windows software installations, used by virtually every major software company in the world. InstallShield Lite for Visual Studio 2017 provides a subset of the world-class InstallShield functionality. It includes significant functionality not available in Visual Studio Installer. InstallShield Lite for Visual Studio supports the following Visual Studio editions:

Professional
Enterprise
InstallShield Lite for Visual Studio 2017 is not supported for Visual Studio Community Edition"

Hope it helps,
Thanks,
Jenifer

0 Kudos
Chucky
Level 3

Jenifer wrote:
Hi ,

This is note from Flexera in visual studio marketplace which clearly states that InstallShield Lite for Visual Studio 2017 is not supported for Visual Studio Community Edition.

https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=Flexera-InstallShield-Lite.InstallShield2018Lite

"For over 25 years, InstallShield has been the gold standard for Windows software installations, used by virtually every major software company in the world. InstallShield Lite for Visual Studio 2017 provides a subset of the world-class InstallShield functionality. It includes significant functionality not available in Visual Studio Installer. InstallShield Lite for Visual Studio supports the following Visual Studio editions:

Professional
Enterprise
InstallShield Lite for Visual Studio 2017 is not supported for Visual Studio Community Edition"

Hope it helps,
Thanks,
Jenifer

No that condescending tone does not help much at all.

The path I was prompted through to download InstallShield did not show me that page at all so there's no way I could have read it.
Another page on the flexera website implied the opposite of that and that's the one I read after downloading and trying to install the
software.

Regards,
Chuck
0 Kudos
Chucky
Level 3

Well,

I bought installed and licensed Visual Studio Professional 2017. I tried again to follow instructions sent in email ton Install InstalShield Lite 2018.
When I get to Step 3 there still is no "Setup and Deployment" Sub menu under the "Other Project Types" menu.
So I can install your product. Please let me know what the problem is.

Regards,
Chuck Middleton

Activation Instructions:

Ensure Visual Studio is not running and install InstallShield 2018 Lite.
Launch Visual Studio and click File > New > Project.
Navigate to Other Project Types > Setup and Deployment and select InstallShield Lite Project.
Click OK. The InstallShield Lite Activation wizard opens.
Select Activate or Purchase InstallShield and click Next.
Enter the Activation Code and click Activate.
0 Kudos
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Chucky wrote:

The path I was prompted through to download InstallShield did not show me that page at all so there's no way I could have read it.
Another page on the flexera website implied the opposite of that and that's the one I read after downloading and trying to install the
software.

Regards,
Chuck

Hi,

Can you mention the path by which you were prompted to download installshield?

My assumption is marketplace, the direct path for downloading installshield 2018 Lite.

Regards,
Jenifer
0 Kudos
jaygummers
Level 2

Chucky wrote:

software.

Regards,
Chuck

Please specify the location from where you downloaded InstallShield 2018 Lite. Maybe we can help further?
0 Kudos

Any path for the installer that works on VS 2019?

0 Kudos

0 Kudos