cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chriscw
Level 6

How do I stop Installshield from checking for dependencies while copying files.

One of our projects is indicating a need for DotNet 3.5 during the file copy process. DotNet 3.5 is not actually needed and we do not want to have to install it on Windows 8 and 8.1 systems as this requires and internet connection.

Is there a way to stop Installshield from checking to see if it thinks Windows components might need to be added during file copy?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
enanrum
Level 9

When you say during File Copy - is that at build time?

Not sure if this is the same issue but I believe you can change the ".NET Scan at Build" to "Properties Only" for your components.

I changed my settings in the Options->.NET tab Default .Net Scan to "Properties Only" by default.
0 Kudos
chriscw
Level 6

enanrum wrote:
When you say during File Copy - is that at build time?

Not sure if this is the same issue but I believe you can change the ".NET Scan at Build" to "Properties Only" for your components.

I changed my settings in the Options->.NET tab Default .Net Scan to "Properties Only" by default.

No in my case it is while doing file copy to a target Windows 8 or 8.1 system. I will have a look to make sure I have already done what you suggest though in case it helps.
0 Kudos
DLee65
Level 13

If it is during Install time, the only thing I can think of is that you have something that is including .NET 3.5 sp1 framework in your install.
Again, this may be due to the setting indicated above that automatically adds dependencies to the install for you. But this would be a prerequisite that would have been added, not a merge module.

Can you double check your prerequisites that you have selected and make sure that it is not selected.
If it is selected, then it will trigger what you see for Windows 8 and 8.1.
The suite project in 2013 has a nicer way of handling the .NET 3.5 sp1 framework - on Windows 8 and 8.1 it just gets enabled quietly. I am not sure how Flexera implemented it, I just know it works. I just selected the option to enable the feature and on these operating systems it gets enabled and it works. No pop-up dialogs, no prompt to download from the Internet, no windows to close for the end user. I love it.

After install you can confirm that the feature is enabled by checking the installed features in Programs and Features > Windows features option.
0 Kudos