cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TurboFisch
Level 7

when will support for team foundation be added?

when will support for team foundation be added? We don't use clearcase anymore.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

Integration with Team Foundation Server was added in InstallShield 2011.

If you want to use Team Foundation source control when you are working on your InstallShield projects directly from within InstallShield (without Visual Studio integration), you can do so. To use this functionality, you need to install the Team Foundation Server MSSCCI Provider, which you can obtain from the Visual Studio Gallery on the MSDN Web site. Once the Team Foundation Server MSSCCI Provider is installed, you can add InstallShield projects to Team Foundation source control, check out InstallShield projects from Team Foundation source control, and check in projects to Team Foundation source control—all from within InstallShield.

For more details, search the InstallShield help for TFS.
0 Kudos
TurboFisch
Level 7

I already have that installed via Premium Visual Studio. However, my question is about tools->options in the source control tab. It still points to clearcase. I have both clearcase and TFS. There does not seem to be a way to select which one the project is using.

In the meantime, I am using visual studio's source control to manage the checkin/out.

I'd like to do it directly from the project.
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

InstallShield uses the default source code control system that is installed on the machine. You may want to check the data for the ProviderRegKey registry value
under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SourceCodeControlProvider (for a 64-bit machine) or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SourceCodeControlProvider (for a 32-bit machine), and ensure that Team Foundation source control is registered as default.

0 Kudos