cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ActivationServ
Level 2

Activation service being discontinued by Macrovision?

Hi,

I've heard from a reseller that Macrovision is discontinuing the InstallShield Activation Service.

Is this true and why have all instances of the Activation Service been removed from the Macrovision website?

ActivationServ
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
milostea
Level 3

Yeap. It's true. I just talked to a salesman. They will honor the current contracts but beyond that he couldn't tell me more.

Yes, we're PO about this. We invested 2-months rewriting/testing/planning our products' deployment based on this technology. We like the concept and pricing. We saved a TON of money using this technology. Too bad they couldn't sale it to more companies.
0 Kudos
Stefan_Krueger
Level 9

You may be able to use FLEXnet Publisher (http://www.macrovision.com/products/flexnet_publisher) instead. Did the salesman tell you about that?
Stefan Krueger
InstallSite.org
0 Kudos
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

The idea of an installer-mediated activation wrapper is a fine one. What the marketplace told us loud and clear once they started using it was that a key requirement was migration - the ability to move from a hosted-service with simple activation to something more robust that supports different licensing models and a richer integration with the back-office.

They told us a lot of other things too, but I'll start with these two.

We are a learning organization - we've taken what we've learned from this and are moving forward. We will continue to support our customers as we work together on a solution that fully meets their long-term expectations.

Thanks,

bob
0 Kudos