cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmackay
Level 7

Checking what is selected to be installed in a dynamic suite??

Hello,

I have a Universal Dynamic Suite installer that includes 3 assemblies. The user has the option of deselecting one or more of the products for installation. Is there an action available where I can query what the user has selected to be installed? Perhaps getting an array of UUIDs or something?

Has anyone done this or something like this?

Thanks in advance
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Eyal_Goren
Level 6

Hi,
What exactly you need?

We are using for each assembly a variable that has to match to true, the suite ask what to install, and based on that-> assign the values to the variables.

Eyal
0 Kudos
rmackay
Level 7

Hello,

That sounds like what I am looking for. Where do you assign the variables and how are they accessed at other steps of the installation? Is it also possible to tell where each assembly will get installed somehow? The summary preview panel is a little misleading, especially if the productRef.inf file contains an absolute path where the assembly must go.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Eyal_Goren
Level 6

Hi,

We use global parameteres for boolean variables.

Each variable represent an assembly, if it is selected, it is set to true.
In the assembly itself, in the root product tree (Installation design) we set condition that the $V(var_name) must be true.

It works...

I did noty understood the other questions.

Eyal
0 Kudos
Eyal_Goren
Level 6

The IS_DESTINATION variable is global, so, for each assembly, you should tell it (In the feature/component level) where is the install location.

We don't use the attribute in the product ref file.

Eyal
0 Kudos
rmackay
Level 7

My question is about where you are setting the global variables that determine if the assembly was selected for install. The Product panel is where the user sets them. Where in the code do you set your globals?
0 Kudos