cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see all the subnets in "Export Scope" under Assets on Flex deploy

Hi,

I entered 140 subnets as part of the scope in RN150 however when the scan completed and I exported the "Export Scope" from Assets menu on FPD, I can only see 22 subnets. Does this mean RN150 was unable to hit /scan remaining subnets? What could be the possible cause? Firewall or something else...suggestions please. Thanks!

(1) Solution

Greetings,

A scanned subnet would be listed in the Exported Scope file, even if the RN150 is unable to reach any IP addresses on that subnet (typically due to a network firewall blocking traffic). It would display "0" in the "Accessible" and "Total IPs " columns of the export file for that subnet.

The behavior you are describing sounds like the subnets were entered on the virtual appliance, but only some of them were selected to scan. If you navigate to the console of the RN150, under subnets it will display the total subnets defined as well as the number of subnets selected for the next scan.

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

Greetings,

A scanned subnet would be listed in the Exported Scope file, even if the RN150 is unable to reach any IP addresses on that subnet (typically due to a network firewall blocking traffic). It would display "0" in the "Accessible" and "Total IPs " columns of the export file for that subnet.

The behavior you are describing sounds like the subnets were entered on the virtual appliance, but only some of them were selected to scan. If you navigate to the console of the RN150, under subnets it will display the total subnets defined as well as the number of subnets selected for the next scan.

Thanks for the clarification. Today, I checked the "Export Scope" again, looks like I am seeing all 141 subnets. I believe, there is a bit of lag in populating the real picture on FPD. I should have given some more time, just got little impatient. Anyways, I am happy now, thanks! 🙂